Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Tao Te Ching 73

The Tao is always at ease. It overcomes without competing, answers without speaking a word, arrives without being summoned, accomplishes without a plan.
_______________________________________________________

As I read this I thought about people I’ve known who always seem to be at ease. With a little reflection, I’m struck by the observation that these people didn’t compete; could speak without saying anything; were always present and available; and seemed to move through life without the burden of plans – in other words, at ease.

When I was in the military there was only one command that released tension and that was the command to stand “at ease”.

1 Comments:

At 7/14/2008 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why "disease" is a bad word.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home