Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Blog Interrupted

No, I don’t know why I stopped the Tao postings. I went out of town for a work-related leadership meeting on October 7, 2007, and when I came back home I didn’t return to the blog. Several friends and family have asked me about the lapse, but I haven’t found the energy to resume. For the last seven months there has been way too much hair on the soap. I just couldn’t pick it up.

Then, a few days ago my son-in-law posted on comment on the last entry I made in October. His comment began, “Well said”. That comment mattered to me a great deal. First, I wasn’t sure he read HOTS; second, I was surprised that he continued to check it for new postings; and third, the idea that I had written something that evoked a positive response in him seemed to reconnect me to the energy that is needed to make blog entries on a fairly regular basis.

So, I’m going to try to get back in the saddle.

I’d like to complete the series on the Tao Te Ching. Then I will turn my attention to the presidential election, which I regard as the most important election we have faced in several decades.

There has been no lack of political commentary on these pages in the past, but much of that was spent lambasting the Bush administration. As I’ve said here earlier, I got tired of my anger on that subject. Fortunately, January 20, 2009, is drawing close enough that there’s no need to pursue that commentary any longer – except to the extent that any candidate for public office appears to “stay the course” with regard to the foreign or domestic polices set by George Bush. In that case … well, that’s another day.

I don’t really want to comment on the 2008 primary election process for either party. I only want that painful, and at times pitiful, process to end. If there’s a god in heaven, that should coincide fairly well with the completion of the entries on the Tao Te Ching.

Happy Mother’s Day – to my mom; my wife; my daughters and daughters-in-law; my children’s mom; my mother-in-law; my sisters-in-law; and my nieces!

2 Comments:

At 5/26/2008 8:45 PM, Blogger BarbArt said...

"If there’s a god in heaven, that should coincide fairly well with the completion of the entries on the Tao Te Ching."

With 81 chapters of the Tao, you may need to alter your pace, current events being what they are. If you posted one on alternate days, that might line you up with the convention in August. But then we really will see if there's a god, won't we?

 
At 10/11/2008 10:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just checking in on you...hope you start blogging again!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home