Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tao Te Ching 81

True words aren’t eloquent; eloquent words aren’t true. Wise men don’t need to prove their point; men who need to prove their point aren’t wise.

The Tao nourishes by not forcing. By not dominating, the Master leads.
___________________________________________________________

I can’t count the number of times that I have been eloquent, but unwise. I will try not to add to those numbers today.

I can’t count the number of times that I have forced, but not nourished. I have tried not to add to those numbers in these postings on the Tao.

I can’t count the number of times that I have dominated, but not led. I will try not to add to those numbers tomorrow.
__________________________________________________________

This is the end of my online journey through the Tao Te Ching. I will try to continue my offline journey through its teachings as I go on along the way.

I am grateful for the Tao Te Ching – a New English Version, written by Stephen Mitchell. I encourage anyone who reads these words to read his words. There is far more to be learned in that reading than I have captured here. It’s an “easy read” and it opens a door to a life of peace, contentment and wisdom. It promises true wealth in the form of simplicity, patience and compassion – our greatest treasures.

1 Comments:

At 7/18/2008 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your statements made me cry.

Thanks for making this journey online so that I can return here again.

I still listen to the Tao from time to time on my ipod. It's a great way to do a walking meditation.

Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home